If you are looking for expert legal advice from an experienced Divorce Solicitors, based in Guildford Surrey, then let us here at Gregorian Emerson Family Law Solicitors help you through the process. If you are planning to apply for a divorce, or looking to dissolve a civil partnership, you will need someone to support you and guide you through what can be an extremely stressful, worrying and upsetting time. We will always give you the advice that you both need and can trust about the things that matter the most - your children, your home and your financial security.
We will listen to you and discuss all your options with you. We will let you know where you stand, discuss with you what your rights are and help you to understand what your ex-partner's rights are as well. Mediation is a great way to try to sort things out between you and using our unique legal and psychological process we can help you to achieve a mutually acceptable agreement and avoid costly court battles. Our testimonials speak for themselves.
The divorce process will ultimately end your marriage. You will still need to sort out how best to deal with your children, property and finances separately.
You don’t need your partner to agree they want a divorce, but it will save you time and money if you can both agree.
If you both agree to the divorce and the reasons why, then getting a divorce legally finalised will take approximately 4 to 6 months.
If you cannot agree with your partner whether to get divorced or why you’re getting divorced, then you can try going to Mediation. We use a unique legal and psychological approach to your individual situation
Such a combined legal and psychological approach also ensures that our clients feel supported and understood emotionally and psychologically at a time when they are experiencing great upset and confusion. As a result they experience less anxiety and feelings of helplessness and achieve a greater understanding and emotional closure around the reasons for the separation or divorce.
Typically, as our client, you will receive:
- Expertise in understanding the reasons behind the relationship or marriage breakdown, the dynamics of any dispute and the people involved;
- A strategic approach in order to maximise the opportunity of reaching agreement or successful litigation, the effectiveness of which can be benchmarked from an early stage;
- Advice on improving communication and minimising areas of dispute between you and your spouse/partner and effective approaches to dispute resolution prior to and during litigation;
- Expertise in issues of mental health - whether it be psychiatric, psychological, diagnosable or not, including problematic personalities and personality disorders;
- Individual psychological support aimed at improving how you engage and manage your dispute;
- Advice on the effective presentation and communication of your case to the other party in the dispute, Cafcass, social services, and court-appointed experts;
- Advice and guidance on locating, instructing and questioning court-appointed experts;
- Supporting you in constructively communicating your case at times of immense stress and pressure during legal proceedings;
- “24/7” levels of client service to reflect the importance of the case to you.
As an experienced Divorce Solicitors here in Guildford, Surrey we can help you with all aspects of your divorce.
Contact Gregorian Emerson Family Lawyers Guildford and Cobham, Surrey and Central London
Based in Guildford and Cobham, Surrey and Central London, we can help you. If you have a family dispute that needs resolving, we are here to help and look forward to receiving your call on 01483 826 470.